Saturday, February 8, 2014

Class Schedule

I've taken the big leap into the world of teaching. I've taught a few classes in my home. However, some people may not feel comfortable coming to a stranger's house. For that reason, plus the larger classroom size available, I'm now teaching Jewelry Making at the Hobby Lobby in Aiken, SC. I can't believe after all these years that Hobby Lobby has been in business that I didn't realize they even offered classes! I approached the Store Manager one day to inquire if they even offer classes, and she about laughed in my face! Of course they do! They have watercolor classes, oil painting classes, cake decorating classes, scrapbooking classes, wood carving classes, etc. I was flabbergasted. How could I NOT know this?? The only thing I can figure is I've been praying for direction to go with my jewelry, and I felt led to teach. Then she told me they did have classes, but did NOT have any jewelry making classes. That was an answer to prayer! Within a day I scheduled two very basic classes, and a week later I scheduled seven new classes.

Here are the classes currently scheduled:


Basic Earring

February 22nd, 12:30 pm
March 10th, 10:00 am


In this class students will learn to make a simple pair of earrings using a basic wrapped loop. This wrapped loop technique is used throughout all types of jewelry and will carry you through many future projects.

Tuition $15 (excludes materials)

Basic Bracelet

March 1st, 3:30 pm
March 22nd, 10:00 am


In this class students will learn to string a basic bracelet on beading wire.

Tuition $15 (excludes materials)

Basic Wire-Wrapped Bracelet

March 10th, 12:30 pm


Perfect your wrapped loop skills by making an elegant beaded wire-wrapped bracelet. Previous knowledge of making wrapped loops is helpful but not necessary.

Tuition $20 (excludes materials)

Fabric and Resin Pendant Necklace

March 11th, 12:30 pm


Learn to make a pretty pendant necklace using scraps of fabric and resin.

Tuition $30 (excludes materials)

Spiral Ring

March 11th, 3:00 pm


Learn to make a wire wrapped spiral ring.

Tuition $30 (excludes materials)

Wrap Bracelet

March 13th, 10:00 am


Learn to make a "Chan Luu" style wrap bracelet.

Tuition $25 (excludes materials)

Vintaj Class 1 - Patinated Metal Earrings

March 13th, 12:30 pm


Learn to make metal earrings using Vintaj products such as the BigKick, DecoEmboss dies, blanks, and patinas.

Tuition $30 (excludes materials)

Vintaj Class 2 - Etched Metal Earrings

March 17th, 10:00 am


Learn to make beaded metal earrings using Vintaj products such as the BigKick, DecoEtch dies, and blanks. Previous knowledge of making wrapped loops is helpful but not necessary.

Tuition $30 (excludes materials)

Vintaj Class 3 - Dangling Earrings

March 17th, 12:30 pm


Learn to combine beads and head pins, chains, wire, and bead caps to create stunning dangling earrings. Previous knowledge of making wrapped loops is helpful but not necessary.

Tuition $30 (excludes materials)

Contact me at debbie@beadifulworld.com for information or to register.

2 comments:

Tammie T Everly said...

Congrats on your new path as a teacher! Let us know how it goes :-D
[FYI you may want to reconsider using "captcha" to screen your blog, I don't usually leave comments on blogs that have it, it's just too hard for me to see. Personally, I just use the 'screen comments feature' to eliminate spam, it works great.]

Unknown said...

Thanks Tammie! I'm really excited about this next phase of my life and my jewelry career. By the way, I also screen comments prior to publishing as well. I hate the "captcha" thing, I can't ever see the words in there!