Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ready for Spring !!!

With this cold, rainy weekend, I felt inspired to create something more spring-like. I pulled out my Pantone Color Forecast Guide for Spring/Summer 2011 and started plundering. I came across a necklace I made a couple of years ago that had the right colors for this spring. I really liked the necklace when I first made it, but it was always getting tangled so I decided it needed to be cut apart and re-designed.

The beads are strung and knotted on lilac-colored C-Lon thread. The beads on the necklace are spaced apart to make the necklace light-weight. It has four strands, each at a different length.

The bracelet is strung with the beads right next to each other, except for a knot in between each bead to make it extremely flexible. I put a really big silver-tone toggle on it to keep the chunky look. It's about 15-1/2" long to go around the wrist twice.

The earrings are also very light-weight, even though they are pretty long.

No comments: